- School Info
- About Us
- School Resources
- Teachers & Staff
Homework Responsibilities and Expectations
- To communicate clearly what is expected and when it is due.
- To monitor assignments.
- To keep students informed of progress.
- To be available to parents for questions and concerns.
- To teach the skills necessary for students to be able to successfully complete the assignments.
- To bring home all necessary materials required to complete the homework, including their binder reminder.
- To ask for help when it is needed.
- To manage their time wisely and to stay focused on their task while completing their assignments.
- To put forth their best effort to turn in neat, orderly work that is easy to read and be corrected.
- To come prepared to class with supplies and assignments completed.
- To set a time and a place for the student to do his/her homework.
- To check with the student to see that assignments have been completed, and review all papers brought home by the student to monitor progress.
- To encourage the student to do his/her own work, and to accept the consequences if that work is incomplete or missing.
- To communicate with the teacher as necessary,
- To provide an appropriate balance between homework, extra-curricular activities, and family commitments.
for Specifics please refer to your teachers page or your students binder reminder
- Kindergarten: Monthly Calendar, interactive reading log plus reading approx. 15-20 minutes per night
- 1st Grade and 2nd Grade: Reading and assorted tasks, approx. 30 minutes
- 3rd Grade: Assignments logged into students binder reminder , approx. 40 minutes
- 4th Grade and 5th Grade: Assignments logged into students binder reminder , approx. 60 minutes